My dream of being a writer at my fingertips, the small town of my childhood in my rear view mirror, I am sooooo ready to experience life to the fullest.
Ashton and I have found a place to live, a tad out of my price range, but we love it!
We do not have a lot of furniture and I still need to buy a computer for my writing, but I believe I can make it.
Ashton has been skittish and shy since we moved to Appaloosa Plains.
I will have to make sure that I give him lots of TLC and make him feel safe and secure.
I have even started to let him sleep in bed with me. It helps us both with the loneliness and isolation.
Writing all day at home is certainly not as glamorous as one might think!
Especially not when the seasons turn from summer to autumn and I still haven't made any money from my writing.
Especially not when the seasons turn from summer to autumn and I still haven't made any money from my writing.
I however have discovered part of the reason that this house was anywhere close to my price range - everything keeps breaking down!
I have had to learn how to wield a wrench, money being so tight, and the worst was when both the kitchen sink and the toilet broke at the same time.
There was water everywhere!
Ashton was no help in mopping it up either...
However, I am glad he is here with me... It is time to get out more, meet new friends and maybe... maybe even the One?
Never fear baby boy, you will always be the first one in my heart.
Today I decided to do something completely crazy!
Skinny dipping at the local pool, in the pouring rain.... no one can say I am not up for a challenge. Well, I did not expect anyone to be there... but when I got out of the water I noticed two Zombies swimming in the smaller pool.... time to get home Celeste!
Whatever were you thinking when deciding to skinny dip in the middle of fall?
Well, ok, some excitement was needed. I had been a good hard working girl for too long.
Well, ok, some excitement was needed. I had been a good hard working girl for too long.
Writing, editing, writing, deleting, rewriting.... my days are stil spent at the computer. My first novel is halfway finished!
Mom and Dad have been calling to check up on me... I am trying to stay positive, but money is really really short right now.
Despite the clouds of rain and money woes, Ashton and I went and played chase in the rain. The silly cat was all wet and loving it!
Autumn might be his favorite season yet.
I wonder how he will think about snow...
Autumn might be his favorite season yet.
I wonder how he will think about snow...
My cooking skills are still in development to say the least. I keep a box of band aids in the kitchen and have to use them often.
However, I am finally able to whip up some Autumn Salad without amputating any important bits.
Sometimes I yearn for Dim Sum or burgers, but this starving artist can not afford them.
I keep telling myself I can afford to lose 15 more pounds...
I finally broke down and filled out an online dating profile. I tried to be completely honest and even checked the More to Love box instead of Slim....
I have been chatting with a nice guy named Barett.
He had written me a message that ended up in my spam folder and by the time I answered he had hooked up with a friend.
He had written me a message that ended up in my spam folder and by the time I answered he had hooked up with a friend.
However, we still chat a lot and I feel less lonely.
Barett is having a party at his house! I am so excited!
I decided to wear my prettiest dress.
Yes, yes, I know he is already with someone... but a girl can dream right?
The party seemed a bust when I got there. Some creepy dude kept chatting me up and when I looked around, Barett was gone!
I found him upstairs, ready to go to bed. What? Oh no sir! I did not go through all this gussying up and you go to bed!
The following pillow fight woke him up fast! :) Whacking him hard was fun, and the view... well, absolutely something to write home about.
I was about to head home when I took all my courage and asked him to watch the stars with me.
Barett agreed and my heart was racing when we sat down in the dark yard.
I hadn't noticed his girl friend had arrived while we were upstairs. Awkward!
Luckily, she went inside and it did not seem to faze Barett at all.
We talked and talked, and when it was time for me to head home, I stood up.
Barett had loved the time we spend together as much as I did!
At least that is what he told me while holding my hand.
Butterflies! Butterflies in my stomach! I think I am falling for him hard...
One kiss good night and my dream night was over.
Had this really happened?
Had I really thrown myself at a guy while his girlfriend was inside the house?
Yep, I sure did.
I decided that it was time to lose the small town look if I really wanted Barett to take me serious, as a young woman as well as a writer ....

























I like Celeste already! She seems like such a real, down-to-earth character, and I love the fact that she's curvy - you really don't see that a lot in created Sim founders.
ReplyDeleteI also loved her reaction when Barett tried to go to sleep right after the party started. XD
More to Love for the win :)
DeleteEh yeah, dude had it coming. After all the build up there was no way I could have let him sleep through the party and let Celeste suffer through being hit on by an elder that made her yawn and others laugh at him o.O
Great start! I like how you're writing it like it's a diary, you don't see many people doing that! I was thinking you could add in little titles like the day of the week, or the date or something to split the days up as I hadn't realised at first that this took place over several days at first.
ReplyDeleteI agree with misslaheela, I like that she's curvy, I think we all tend to make thin sims because in the western world, thin is beautiful and we obviously make sims that we want to be like to an extent.
So overall, good strong start, I'm interested to see what happens between her and Barett and his girlfriend, could get interesting ;)
I'll try to make the timeline a tad more clear from now on. Good point!
DeleteThanks for all the curvy love! I actually like the look of a fuller sim, but then, I chunky dunk instead of skinny dip myself :)
Haha! Celeste is a vibrant character! And certainly not shy. Love it!
ReplyDelete